In distressed situations a rapid turnaround may be required. This often sets short term high objectives for cost reduction, e.g., as 20-30% or more. Another approach is to redesign a company's cost structure bottom up using the zero-based costing approach, typically resulting in much higher savings depending on the situation. Both approaches are challenging to execute, e.g.,:
- How should a useful baseline for operations improvement be constructed?
- How are high impact savings initiatives identified?
- What is the true implementation difficulty of each initiative?
- How are FTEs related savings captured vs. non-FTE related savings?
- What can we do to make the savings sustainable, to make them "stick"?
- Rapid turnaround plan
- Asset management strategy
- Sourcing and procurement optimisation, incl. category projects
- ZZB (zero based budgeting) cost design
- Process optimisation and redesign
- Support function optimisation, e.g., finance shared services, HR streamlining, including outsourcing and offshoring assessments
Most relevant for: CEO, COO, CPO, CFO or Head of Supply Chain
Examples of our proprietary concepts and methods
- Holistic optimisation of processes based on the practical techniques which work, avoiding overly theoretical approaches such as lean and six sigma
- Concept for the finance function of the future, including shared services
- ZZB structures for selected industries
- Packaged best practices and detailed methods and tools for sourcing and procurement category optimisation and purchasing function performance
- Distinctive multi-lever transformation, a holistic transformation approach combining multiple improvement levers such as lean, digitisation, and organisational alignment