Key industry trends
Life sciences are focused on improving the health and quality of life for human beings and encompass biopharmaceuticals, healthcare payers and providers, medical-technology developers, medical devices, hospitals and other medical institutions.
The sector is affected by a number of key trends:
- Patient needs, rather than internal competencies and capabilities, have become the focus
- Emerging new health care technologies, including medical equipment and digital technologies
- Aging population in Western countries with consequent rising healthcare needs
- Longer product development cycles, in particular within the pharmaceutical industry
We work with life sciences companies to handle various challenges, e.g.:
- How to expand into new markets with existing products?
- How to improve the front-end innovation process, incl. idea generation and investment prioritisation?
- Where to invest and how to launch new products and services?
- How to optimise operations and reduce waste and costs?
- What is the right governance and structure, incl. design, competences and responsibilities in an innovative project-oriented environment?
- How to optimise performance management of new product development?
Oleto Associates applies a holistic, structured and tailored approach when solving business problems, which ensures that both relevant strategic, commercial, operational, organisational and technical issues are touched upon. We have experience with the entire life sciences value chain.