Key industry trends
With a focus on the market of individual households, the consumer products & retail industry entails manufacturers of food & beverages, personal & household products, durable goods, apparel, fashion and luxury goods as well as distributors of those goods such as supermarkets, brand shops and online stores.
Examples of trends influencing the sector:
- Emergence of new consumer technologies, e.g., mobile, VR, IoT and on-demand services
- Consolidation of retail stores into chains
- Entrance of global tech companies
- Combining brick and mortar outlets with online distribution channels
- The growth of direct-to-consumer (DTC) brands
We engage with clients to overcome challenges across the entire value chain, e.g.:
- What is the optimal sourcing model for production processes?
- How to position end products, incl. where to sell them and how to price them?
- Should the business expand into adjacent segments in the value creation chain?
- Where to differentiate in a commodity market?
- How to ensure the right product portfolio mix?
- How to adapt to shortening product life cycles?
- How to reduce costs across the retail supply chain and distribution channels?
- How to obtain growth in emerging markets?
Oleto Associates addresses these issues by applying multi-functional expertise and industry know-how to deliver tailored client solutions and sustainable results.