Key industry trends
The financial services sector constitutes a number of providers, including banks, insurance companies, mortgage and investment funds serving both retail and corporate customers.
The sector is affected by a number of key trends:
- Increasing regulation
- New players entering the market, e.g., fintechs and global tech companies
- Increased customers expectations about digital offerings
- The emergence of new technologies, e.g., block chain, big data
The players are facing a number of key issues in this intensely competitive market, e.g.:
- To which degree should financial institutions ignore or embrace the new digital encombants?
- How to increase the profitability of the customer portfolio, e.g., pricing, customer segmentation, decreasing number of customers?
- How to retain/increase income and decrease operations cost and write off's by increasing the degree of digitisation?
- How to optimise back-office and support functions?
- Where to perform IT investments to support the business strategy?
- How to optimise the sourcing model across the value chain?
- How to innovate and renew operations and services, e.g., types of loans?
Oleto Associates uses a structured problem-solving approach to the challenges in financial services industry based on a solid foundation of experiences from different top tier clients. All solutions are tailored to ensure maximum impact for the client.