Key industry trends
The energy and utility sector includes wind power companies, oil & gas companies, distribution players, hydro companies, waste companies, energy trading companies, and new cleantech startups.
The energy sector is undergoing immense transformation driven by:
- Increasing use of and commitment to renewable energy
- New regulations
- Smart grids, circular economy and distributed technologies
- Continuous pressure for lowering the cost of energy
- Emerging technology opportunities
We help companies manage these challenges and work on a number of key issues, e.g.:
- How to organize large scale project and line organisations, including way of working, structure, reporting lines, size, governance, processes?
- How to utilise deregulation to increase market share?
- How to optimise the sourcing model across the value chain?
- To what extent should internationalisation be embraced, e.g., to gain access to new markets, new sites, new talent?
- How to gain synergies across product areas in order to optimise cost, e.g., staff functions, IT?
- Where to invest in the energy mix space?
- How to manage assets across their life cycle to increase the value of the portfolio?
- How to lower the cost of energy?
- How to assess the life cycle environmental footprint of a particular strategy?
Oleto Associates integrates multiple disciplines when solving these business problems, in particular leveraging our strategy and organisational design experience.