Key industry trends
The energy and utility sector includes thermal power generators, wind power companies, energy trading companies, distribution players, hydro companies, waste companies and new cleantech startups.
The energy sector is undergoing immense transformation driven by:
- Increasing use of and commitment to renewable energy
- New regulations
- Smart grids, circular economy and distributed technologies
- Continuos pressure for lowering the cost of energy
- Emerging technology opportunities
We help companies manage these challenges and work on a number of key issues, e.g.:
- How to utilise deregulation to increase market share?
- How to optimise the sourcing model across the value chain?
- To which extent should internationalisation be embraced, e.g., to gain access to new markets, new sites, new talent?
- How to gain synergies across products areas in order to optimise cost, e.g., staff functions, IT?
- Where to invest in the energy mix space?
- How to manage assets across their lifecycle to increase the value of the portfolio?
- How to lower the cost of energy?
- How to asses the lifecycle environmental footprint of a particular strategy?
Oleto Associates integrates multiple disciplines when solving these business problems, in particular leveraging our strategy and organisational design experience.