Key industry trends
Logistics services cover a series of different segments: Couriers, express, parcel, transportation, air ocean and ground freight, shipping, logistics integrators, modal transportation, intermodal connections, special networks, cargo, postal, rail and 3rd party logistics providers.
The logistics sector is undergoing transformation driven by:
- Emerging technology opportunities, e.g., blockchain, IoT
- Increasing production in low wage countries
- Lower shipping rates
- Individual, higher complexity customers
- Higher competition than ever, trade routes, e-commerce
- Increasing customer dependency on long-distance shipping
We help companies address these issues, e.g.:
- What is the role of blockchain?
- What are the focus areas to increase market share for logistic services?
- How to optimise the supply chain?
- How to optimise the use of resources, e.g., labour, fuel, transportation units?
- How to optimise the network?
- How to innovate logistic operations and services, e.g., new products, new operating systems?
Oleto Associates analyses and presents all logistic issues and challenges by a structured approach to ensure useful and implementable solutions tailored to specific customer needs. The team has experience with the entire supply chain from various industries.