Defining strategic intent without implementation is pointless, but implementation without intent is purposeless. In today's business environment companies should do both in parallel, define their strategy and put it to action as fast as possible, in incremental steps. Some of the key challenges they face are, e.g.:
- How do you strike the right balance between a medium-term strategic direction and a short-term action plan?
- Should you choose between a problem focused strategy or a 360 degrees strategy?
- How should companies think about strategy given the many approaches out there, e.g., core competences, playing to win, moon shots, light houses, must-win battles?
- Should you develop an inside-out or outside-in strategy?
- How real is the risk of digital disruption and how should that affect the strategy?
We work with corporate executives on formulating and implementing the overall strategy for the multi-national group, for a business unit, a customer or product segment. Naturally, this includes exploiting digital & technology opportunities where relevant.
- Corporate strategy
- Business unit strategy
- Growth strategy, incl. market segmentation, competitor analysis
- M&A screening, due diligence and post-merger integration
- Digitisation strategy
- Turnaround strategy execution
- Product strategy and product portfolio management
- Product innovation
- Business development
Most relevant for: CEO, CFO, Head of Business Unit or Head of R&D
Examples of our proprietary concepts and methods
- Comprehensive framework for exploring an extensive set of possibilities for growth and increased competitive advantage
- Systematic and 360 degree external and internal strategic review and strategy development
- Concept and method for product portfolio development strategy
- Digital innovation for value & experimentation, a set of structured approaches and processes for unlocking the opportunities of digitisation
- An approach and tools for advanced business case development for winning proposals
- Activity area cost & transaction analysis, including internal and external benchmarking
- Concept for performing due diligence of a business unit
- Structured innovation approach, processes and cultural change techniques